YASSS! I am just so overwhelmed with warm fuzzies! My blog was nominated by three amazing authors: Blamsmart (Light the Way To Heaven), Jinx (Tales From Tourperdu) and EddieSims (Sloane Family Legacy) for a Liebster Award! Thank you all so much for your love and support! (Just to show my appreciation, I’m gonna answer all ya’ll’s questions!) Due to the number of question, some of my answers might be short.
I wasn’t sure what a Liebster Award was at first, but now I know that it’s an award given to bloggers by other bloggers who love their work. It is similar to a chain letter in that its concept requires it to be forwarded to a certain number of people but I like to look at it as a pay-it-forward act of showing support to other bloggers.
The rules for receiving this award are:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
My Nominees are:
Summerdream by Caterpillarsims – A beautiful adult Sims 3 fantasy story with action, romance and adventure. Set at the dawn of human existance, it explores the clash and coexistance of dragons, fairies and people. It is expertly written and the pictures perfectly match the story. A lot of work was put into this blog, and it shows.
Tales from Touperdu by Jinx – It follows a rotational gameplay concept and is told from the perspective of several residents in the town of Touperdu set in the late 1800’s.
Different Winters by LilyShadowWriter – She is awesome! And her blog is awesome, and it follows five whole generations of the Winters family.
Of Kings and Castles by Tota – a midieval-themed generational Sims 3 blog aka. Royal Kingdom Challenge. You can tell the creator put a ton of work into these stories!
Eternally Yours by SweetPoyzin – A wonderful legacy that is three generations in so far. The author uses both touching dramatic, and witty comedic elements, really making you grow attached to her unique and strong-willed characters! There are exciting cliffhangers and twists at every turn!
Moonlight and Sims (A Pair Of Brown Eyes) by Marsar – This beautifully-written, adult Sims 3 story revolves around Claire, a woman running from a dark, troubled past, and her Doctor love interest, Andrew. Set in the late Victorian Era.
The Voss Legacy and The Applegate Legacy by jmaraasims – The Voss Legacy is a Sims 3 legacy and The Applegate Legcy is Sims 4. Both legacies follow the goal of completing 10 generations ending in a complete, well-rounded story.
Answers to EddieSim’s Questions:
1. What’s your favourite part about blogging?
Oh, that’s easy. The readers! Creating art and sharing it with other readers and recieving comments is like Christmas for me!
2. What do you find most gratifying about sharing your Sims’ stories?
Bringing my characters to life, and turning them into somebody the reader cares about and roots for. It always blows my mind how Sims storytellers can take these generic game characters and give them personality and make them lovable. We really do become attached!
3. If you could be any character from a book or a movie, who would you be?
Oh, gosh. That is a good question. I know it is cliche, but I would probobaly love to be Lizzie Bennet for obvious reasons, lol.
4. Besides writing/blogging, what other hobbies or activities do you have?
I actualy graduated college with a BFA degree in Music Theater, so performing (singing and acting) has always been a huge part of my life. I’ve travelled the world as a singer on a cruise ship and performed professionally all over the country. I’m currently rehearsing for Legally Blonde: The Musical, where I’m playing Vivienne. 🙂 I also LOVE to draw/paint and craft with all kinds of materials. I also LOVE animals.
5. What inspires you to continue Simming and blogging when you think about stopping?
Definitely my readers. I always get so excited whenever I get a new comment! I can’t let them down, and I don’t want to let myself down, either. By writing a story, I already know that it clearly has an end, which makes the process much easier than a legacy where you’re dealing with generation after generation and the usual gameplay.
6. What’s your dream vacation?
Thanks to working on a cruise ship, I have been lucky enough to see so many incredible places already: Alaska, Japan, China, Vietnam, Bali, Indonesia, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, French Polynesia (Bora Bora, Morea, etc. etc.) Honestly, my favorite place in the world is Disney World. That is a dream Vacation to me!
But I would absolutely love to visit the British Isles, Western Europe and Italy. 🙂
7. Which world or neighbourhood in The Sims series would you want to live in if it were a real place?
Hm … I’d say Hidden Springs, because it is woodsy and beautiful.
8. What music inspires you?
I love all kinds of music. Literally, anything besides Rap and heavy metal is inspiring to me.
As for writing inspiration, definitely certain songs will remind me of my characters and certain instrumental music will transport me into my story world.
9. Can you write with music on or do you prefer complete silence?
I can only write with relaxing, instrumental music. Music with lyrics (especially lyrics I know) is way too distracting for me.
10. What’s your favourite time of the year, and why? (It could be a season, month or holiday)
Definitely Halloween and Christmas. I love the spirit of fall, the changing of the leaves, decorations, jack o’ lanterns and dressing in costume. It always feels so magical during the time. And CHristmas … I mean … who doesn’t love Christmas? The music, the holiday cheer, christmas decorations, time spent with loved ones, crackling fireplaces, Christmas movie and Santa!!
11. What else would you like to share with us that I haven’t asked?
I can name all the US presidents! LOL
Answers to Blamsmart’s questions:
1. Do you pull from your personal life experiences when writing out your story?
Ha! I don’t pull experiences, but I definitely pull personality. My heroine, Ellie is modelled a lot after myself in personality, especially her tendancy to say the wrong thing and her childish behavior when upset. Write what you know, right? LOL
2. If you answered yes to #1 can you gives us an example? If you answered no this is the place to insert the funniest gif you have.
I’m gonna put a meme instead (I totally lost it when I first saw this one, hahaha). Hope that’s ok!
3. Who is your favorite among all the characters you have written?
Definitely Gabriel. I just love the way he thinks, his flaws and his character arc. Plus, he’s a total hottie. 🙂 I find him the a great combination of both and alpha and beta hero.
4. Oh boy! You suddenly meet this character! What happens?
Oh, I would make him fall in love with me and marry me, because I created him! (Sorry, Ellie, LOL!!)
5. Sims 3 suddenly has a global malfunction and dies on every single computer and will never work again, would you still continue writing your story only without pictures?
I have already written my story! It’s out on e-book and hardcopy on Amazon right now! My pen name is Alice Langdon. I’m about nine chapters in on book #2, which is about two supporting characters in Trusting Desire. 🙂
6. Are you the type who can totally write your sims story with a bunch of people looking? Or do you need to wait for everyone to leave the room before you can get comfy and write your sims?
I definitely need to be alone! Well, not alone, but nobody can watch me as I write! That makes me feel so awkward.
7. Do you own a cat? This is a serious question. I swear 90% of sims 3 writers own a cat.
I actually DON’T own a cat. I have two adorable doggies, though. I absolutely love cats, but my fiancé is extrememly allergic. 😦 I used to have cats when I was younger, though!
8. Your thoughts on sims 4? You may cuss as much as you like.
Ugh. No. Nope, no. I will never get it – I have no desire at all. This feels like a huge step backward from Sims 2 and 3. I feel like EA doesnt understand their gamers and what they actually loved about the sims. I can’t get past the animations; the look so bad to me. The hair looks like plastic and everthing is so simple and smooth. And don’t get me started on the no toddlers thing! Um … yeah, take away the cutest part of a little sim. That’s cool. And only being able to carry a baby when you’re standing at the bassinet? That’s cool too. **SARCASM**
9. Are you planning on continuing with sims 3 once you’re done with your current story?
Yes. Absolutely. I’ll wait for Sims 5, thank you. And if that sucks too, I give up. HA.
10. Favorite expansion? In amazing detail plz.
Well, I only have a couple of expansions. Seasons would have to be my favorite because, well, it changes the seasons! That was my favorite expansion in Sims 2 as well. And the added holidays and festivals held at the park are so much fun! It makes gameplay all the more realistic.
11. Last question! How would you like living in the sims world and being a sim yourself?
I would not like it. Someone controlling my every move? My lifespan being super short? Only having a certain pool of animations and actions to choose from? Giving birth would be much easier, though. Ha!
Answers to Jinx’s Questions:
1. Are any of your sims based on real people?
Not really based. A few personality traits are taken from myself and people I know here and there, though.
2. Do you use simming as a sort of platform for writing text stories?
I actually started writing on The Sims AFTER I had written Trusting Desire. 🙂
3. What part of the world seizes your imagination? Deserts? Islands? The tropics? Europe, Asia, or the US?
The US. I just love US history, and I feel like in the world of historicals, it is often overlooked.
4. What era or century do you like to write about?
The Victorian Era, for sure. But I also love Colonial America (aka. Georgian), Regency England and the Edwardian Era.
5. What music, if any, do you consider the “theme” to your sims stories?
Gracie’s Theme, By Paul Cardall
6. Sims 2, Sims 3 or Sims 4? Which do you prefer?
Definitely not Sims 4! Blech. I really used to live Sims 2 (they have the largest selection of Victorian hair, objects and clothing), but I have grown more attached to Sims 3 now.
7. What novels/movies/tv shows do you love?
Oh, gosh. My favorite novels are basically any well-written historical romance. Jane Eyre will always be my favorite.
Favorite Movies: Pride and Prejudice, The Wedding Singer, the Jurrassic Park movies, The (original) Star Wars Trilogy, The Sound of Music, The Music Man, just about every Disney movie, and SO many more!
TV Shows: The Knick, Penny Dreadful, Downton Abbey, Shameless, Ghost Adventures, Bar Rescue, Restaurant Impossible, Aloha Vet, Family Guy, The Goldbergs etc.
8. Do you modify your sims’ appearance so they are a bit more ordinary, or do you aim for beauty?
I actually really, really love that your sims look ordinary and realistic, Jinx. I have always admired that and noticed it right away. I think it’s awesome! I think ordinary people are beautiful, but, as a romance writer, there is a certain expectation for the hero and heroine to be beautiful. HOWEVER, that being said, these characters are unaware of their own beauty. They are not vain in any sense. If anything, they are insecure about their flaws. 🙂
9. What is the best place you’ve ever lived?
Despite being born and raised in South Florida, and currently residing in California, the best place I have every lived in my opinion is North Caroline, when I was in college. You get all the seasons, but they are milder than up north.
10. What kind of snack food do you eat while you’re simming/writing?
Anything with cheese or chocolate!
11. Are you ever inspired by fiction you’ve read or movies you’ve watched?
Definitely. I just saw “Far From The Madding Crowd” and it was beautiful and so romantic! It has totally re-charged my creative juices!
OK, My Questions for My Nominees Are:
1. What is the most frustrating thing that has happened during gameplay? (Aka. the game/freezes crashes and you didn’t save, one of your characters accidentally dies, etc.)
2. If you were stranded on a desert island and could have only one item, what or who would you choose?
3. If your story/legacy became a feature film, who would you cast as your main characters?
4. Superman or Batman? Or Neither?
5. If you could choose to create any expansion pack for the Sims, what kind would you want?
6. What is your favorite genre to read/write? (Aka. Romance, Comedy, Drama, Mystery, Thriller, Suspense, Historical, etc.)
7. If there ends up being a Sims 5, what would you want it to be like?
8. While writing your stories, do you play with other sim families for fun, or focus solely on the family at hand?
9. If you could jump into a time machine like the Sims can, where would you choose to go and why?
10. How do you feel about “rabbit holes” in the game? Any places you wish weren’t rabbit holes?
11. What is your favorite sim age and why?